Full logistics tech Apps for Midas Transport
Transformation from Excel to full TMS system with RentUrApp™ Solutions
Problem: Prior to engaging with RentUrApp™, Midas had no Transport Management System in place and recognised changes in their industry meant they needed to go digital and implement a robust system and move away from excel.
Solution: Midas gave the RentUrApp™ team a brief from which they developed a traffic programme wholly bespoke to Midas’ business needs, from scratch.
Outcome: Midas essentially runs the day to day planning and delivery side of their business via RentUrApp™ TMS system now. At the touch of a button they can receive information that would previously have taken hours to produce.
Midas is a Haulage and Distribution company working with both direct contracts and sub-contracts. Utilising Fridge Trailers and Tautliners. Midas delivers a plethora of goods nationally. Inclusive of dry goods/chilled goods/food goods (inclusive of pet food)/ recycling/cardboard/garden centre and plant deliveries. Midas are also the sole distributor of plants to all Wilko’s stores nationally.
Prior to engaging with RentUrApp™, Midas had no Transport Management System in place and recognised changes in their industry meant they needed to go digital and implement a robust system. At the time they managed their planning and delivery side of the business via excel spreadsheet. This was time consuming and laborious for both drivers and internal office staff alike. A secondary business issue was that all Midas’ daily vehicle defect checks were manually entered by a driver into a defect sheet. Due to delivery schedules, sometimes the defect form would not be returned for a few days. This did not give the defect team sight of the defects on the day it occurred, not allowing them to respond in real time and book in repairs ASAP. The knock on effect could be causing potential costly delays on future deliveries whilst the defect was repaired.
“We took a big gamble having never had a traffic programme in place before and RentUrApp™ has delivered on every aspect for us.„
Clare Booth, Secretary (Accounts and Business Administration)
Midas engaged Wayne at RentUrApp™ and gave him a list of requirements. From this, the team developed a traffic programme wholly bespoke to Midas’ business needs from scratch in a relatively short period of time. Midas was very impressed with the bespoke and tailored nature of the application development from RentUrApp™ and engaged their services.
Today Midas is using MoveSist™ and SmartSist™ applications.
MoveSist™ is used to input and manage all delivery information on a daily basis. SmartSist™ feeds into this and is used as a defect management tool. Midas selected both tools for their ability to address internal challenges and improve the day to day running of the delivery and planning side of their business.
The multiple business benefits to Midas Transport which have been uncovered through using their bespoke RentUrApp™ Solution:
- The MoveSist™ application takes away all previous manual processes, all daily deliveries are loaded into the system and rolls up to a master job list.
- The individual job lists are emailed directly to each driver so they have all the information instantly.
- The back office staff can now easily create invoices in a much quicker/streamlined process.
- Before embedding MoveSist™ accounts would have to reconcile 13/14 pages to get the invoicing done – they now look at one master sheet to do the same job, so the time saving is huge.
- The system also gives the opportunity to pull out specific information to send to clients on all deliveries should it be required at the press of a button, giving Midas an improvement on their customer service offering.
- Another issue the RentUrApp™ SmartSist™ addressed was the truck defects. Now each day defects are loaded into the system with defects booked in real time, avoiding any potential delays to further deliveries.
- The RentUrApp™ system also helps adhere to DYSA vehicle regulations in a much easier way – avoiding referring to multiple spreadsheets to get the information required to report.
Midas essentially run the day to day planning and delivery side of their business via RentUrApp™ TMS system now. At the touch of a button they can receive information that would previously have taken hours to produce
A major benefit of using the RentUrApp™ programme is that Midas now has one central system for all deliveries to manage business on a day to day basis.
The RentUrApp™ system delivers a time saving when it comes to weekly invoicing and having information on clients and deliveries readily available in one sheet.
Utilising RentUrApp™ solutions, Midas receives information on truck defects in real time allowing action to be taken immediately avoiding any costly delays to future deliveries.
Midas would highly recommend RentUrApp™ both for the applications themselves and the service provided to them by the team. Midas’s long standing relationship with Wayne and the RentUrApp™ team is a key to this. The team is so passionate about the development of the applications and ensure they are right for each client’s needs. The programmes are built in such a way to be completely adaptable, unlike some other systems. Midas can make any changes required easily. It is testament to the software – Midas has been using it for 5 years and rarely had to call support for any issues other than small updates here and there.